This is a bathroom that we have recently converted to a walk in shower room. The size of the room measures roughly 196cm long by 184 wide. The total cost of this bathroom supplied and fitted with all elements was £6500.
The original bathroom layout is very typical for a house of this style and age. The toilet basin and bath end all of the same wall. The drawing below shows the original bathroom.
The clients requested that we changed the function of the bathroom from a bathroom with bath to a shower room. It was decided to fit a walk in style shower with a fixed glass screen.
The widest shower tray we could fit into the available space was 70cm wide. The space between the door frames on the right wand wall was 72cm. A 70cm wide tray left more space at the window end that gave the room for a 50cm wide vanity basin
Below is the new drawing of the proposed bathroom solutions.
What was included
The total cost of this bathroom supplied and fitted with all elements was £6500.
We took out the original bathroom. We removed the wall tiles and floor tiles. All of this material was correctly remove with the use of a recycling and waste management company.
All plumbing, fitting, tiling and electrical work was included in the price.
Materials included in bathroom renovation
- 1700mm by 700mm stone resin shower tray
- Tavistock Compass 500 Freestanding basin Unit – Gloss Light Grey
- Tavistock Compass 500 Basin
- Merlyn Ionic 1000mm wetroom panel 8mm glass
- Merlyn Ionic Swivel Panel 300mm 8mm glass
- Tavistock Quantum Cool Touch Thermostatic Dual Function Bar Valve with Shower Head & Handset
- Tavistock Structure Comfort Height Open Back Close Coupled WC
- Tavistock Structure Soft Close Toilet Seat
- Tavistock Revive Basin Mixer with Click Waste
- 1600mm by 500mm Straight Chrome Towel Rail
- The wall tiles, border wall tile and wood effect floor tile were all included in the price.